Tuesday 14 February 2012

A COUPLE OF HABERDASHERY CARDS

Thank you Jean for giving us a kick start and love your cards, hopefully between us there will be lots of different styles we will be able to show you.

For the square card I put about six different colours of Tim Holtz distress inks onto a stay put mat allowing some of them to overlap a little. Give a good spritz with water. I used Tim Holtz dressmakers dummy from the haberdashery stamp set and placed onto the ink then stamped onto white card you can do several images at this stage as each one will be different.
Setting this aside I picked up the rest of the ink using several pieces of white card as much or as little as you like and you are happy with the effect.
Taking the stamped image I used water colour pencils to highlight and define areas, distress the edges ink them up with distress inks taking colours from your image.
Next I embossed some parchment using the sissix dressmakers pattern folder and inked the whole area with black distressed ink then placed onto the front of the card.
Attached the stamped image to the left using sticky pads.
The reels are cut from Tim Holtz sewing room bigz die and wrapped thread around them and added a few buttom embellishments




For the second card used another stamped image as above but added some tiny gemstones around the neckline.
As you can see even though I used the some inks as above it is totally different. I layered this one on co ordinating card.
I used one of the inked up card from above and cut it to size to fit onto the left side of the folded card.
Onto this I stamped  a couple of flourishes with distressed ink and quickly used distress embossing powder to give a lovely effect which does not show up very well on the picture then placed the stamped image to the right.


I do hope these will give you some inspiration and you like them. Will hopefully be putting some more ideas on soon, hugs Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment