Wednesday 15 February 2012

60th Birthday card

Hi everyone

This card was my husbands, he celebrated his 60th Birthday last week.



To make the base card I used Go Create large die, cutting 2 and scoring 1/2inch from the long edge where I glued the 2 together. Cutting a futher 2 smaller sizes of the same die I used shades of green inks to shade edges of all pieces. The smallest of the 3 I also embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder to give a diamond effect, inking the inside of the folder before embossing.
When gluing the layers together I wrapped a piece of open hessian at an angle around the second layer to add a little texture.
The text plate was cut using Spellbinders Metal Tags and Accents, cutting twice, 1 from patterned paper, using the frame, and 1 in cream, using the centre, this one inked around the edges with gold and text stamped in gold.  The text was done using Just Rite alphabets. The cream centre was sat in the patterned frame.
To make the embellishment in the bottom corner is a flattened Art Cap, (coming soon at Once Upon a Stamp with much more), with a photo of my husband, sized and cut to fit, finished off with apoxy dome.

Enjoy Jean x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment